Preventing periodontal disease
Prevent plaque buildup
Having detailed the many types of gum disease treatment available at Pure Periodontics, it’s important to note the ways in which you can prevent periodontitis and other forms of infections. Adhering to the following measures will ensure good oral hygiene.
- Attend you dental examinations as recommended by your dentist.
- Brush the gum line and each tooth twice daily (before bed and on one other occasion). Brush for at least 2 minutes. Ask you dental professional which toothbrush is best for you and the technique you should use.
- Clean daily between the teeth before brushing, using floss in tight spaces and interdental brushes for larger spaces
- Use a fluoridated toothpaste with at least 1350ppm Fluoride, spit out after brushing and do not rinse to maintain fluoride concentration
- Do not smoke
- Reduce the frequency and amount of sugary foods and drinks
Avoid plaque build up with a regular dental hygiene appointment and Air Flow polish. To book an appointment or to find out more please call us on 020 7247 7400 to speak our friendly team or fill out our contact form.